Bwin Poker Guide
Bwin Guide - Bwin.com Poker Review - Bonus, Download & Games
**** Do you want to play online poker and you are a US citizen, click here to sign up at BetOnline Poker. They accept US credit cards & eChecks. ****
Bwin has earned the right to boast the largest online poker network in Europe, and it is among the top five in the world. Bwin's software has very sharp graphics with a classic game play. Their available banking options are among the most numerous in all of the web's poker sites, and they have a very tight security system. For tournament players, there may not be another site out there with the sheer number of different types of tournaments available at Bwin poker.
Bwin Download Requirements
At Bwin, there are several ways to play:
- Download directly to your PC or Mac operating system
- Play on your PC, Mac, or Linux operating system via the web browser application of your choosing
- Play on your mobile phone
With the non download versions, there really aren't any requirements, aside from needing a computer or phone that is compatible. As for the Bwin download version, which will be what most people use, you will need to meet certain minimum requirements to ensure you can utilize the software to it's fullest extent:
- Processor Speed - 166 Mhz
- Hard Drive - 50 Mb available space
- Memory - 64 Mb RAM
- Operating System - Windows 95 / 98 / 00 / XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Connection Speed - 56 Kbps
Bwin Software Features
Bwin offers class-leading features to keep their customers happy. They are doing their best to constantly add new features in order to continue as the virtual kings of Europe's online poker community. The majority of their software features are designed to make playing at Bwin a more user friendly environment. While they still have all the classic features (tournaments, sit and go tables, play money), they offer many features that some other poker sites do not:
- Lobby Seating - Enables you to view all table information right from the lobby preview window.
- Change the screen size and table - Bwin's software will let you play up to four tables at the same time, while still being able to easily view all of them.
- Tournament Information Sidebar - While playing in a tournament, you can easily see the tournament standings and rankings without having to leave your window.
- Enhanced content panel - Offers three fully customizable fields in one sidebar: One is game information (hands played, average pot etc.). Another shows an easy to read chat window. The last one shows current bonuses and promotions available.
- Tournament Queues - This is like a waiting room for tournaments that require a certain number of people to join before they can begin. In a sense, everyone takes a ticket, and when all tickets are handed out, the tournament will begin.
- Ante tournaments - A little different style of play is required for these tournaments. At the beginning of each hand, every player puts a small sum into the pot. Blinds are still the same, but using antes can really allow weak hands to stay in pots that players normally would have folded out of.
Bwin.com Tournament Play
Almost every poker site offers tournaments, many of which are pretty straightforward. At Bwin, however, there are many different types of tournaments for you to enjoy. Here are a fewtypes of Bwin tournaments:
- Freerolls - Win cash and prizes without paying any real money for an entry fee.
- Qualifiers - Finishing in the prize pool of these will earn you spots in much larger tournaments.
- Hybrid - These tournaments award both money and seats in larger tournaments.
- Winner Takes All - With no prize pool like other tourneys, these pay the entire pool to the first place finisher. These are usually only one or two table tournaments.
- Turbo - Much faster blind progression than normal tournaments, the blinds will increase at a extremely rapid rate.
- Cannonball - A mixture of regular and turbo tournaments, blinds will increase a little faster than normal.
- Side Prize Pool - There are extra prize money and prizes available for accomplishing certain tasks such as knocking out a certain player.
- Big Stack - Instead of starting the tourney with a normal, low amount of chips (100 for example), players will start with an amount much higher (5000 for example). Bwin also incorporates longer blind progression, making the game much more exciting.
- Restricted - These are only available to players that meet certain restrictions, usually a required amount of player points attained.
Bwin Banking Options
Bwin offers an impressive list of ways players can deposit and withdraw funds between their accounts:
- Credit Card - Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard
- Debit Card - Maestro
- PayPal Deposit
- Bank Transfer
- FreeBet card
- Ukash Deposit
Each of these methods can be used to both deposit and withdraw funds.
Bwin is among the world leaders in online poker. A large part of this distinction is due to their very safe security systems set in place. They use the highest form of encryption software technology available today (128 bit Secure Sockey Layout, or SSL). If you use your credit card to deposit or withdraw funds into your Bwin account, you are awarded extra protection with their card not present environment. This means that your card information is not kept anywhere in Bwin's databases. Each transaction is sent or received as a single event, and they are not linked to your card in any way after the transaction has been completed.
Bwin Rewards Program
At Bwin, players will earn player points with each hand played based on how big the house's rake is in the Bwin VIP Program. The conversion at Bwin is one player point for every dollar raked, down to the cent. These points can be used to buy many things, from cash to tournament entries. There is also an online store where you can use player points to purchase things like computers, sporting equipment and even cars.
Bwin customer support offers a very knowledgable support staff should you have any questions or concerns with Bwin's poker site. Bwin's customer service representatives can be reached via email from 8:00 - 24:00, or by telephone from 10:00 - 22:00. Both are offered seven days a week, every week. There is also a Frequenty Asked Question section that has the ability to offer answers to the more common questions asked.
Bwin offers the largest online poker network available in Europe today. They offer many features that will make your poker experience a little less complicated, and they are there to help if you get a little unsure of how something works. Players can feel safe with Bwin's security systems.